Built more than 500 years ago to facilitate travel around the capital of the sprawling South American empire, the Inca Road System in Cusco (which…
- Cusco horseback riding tour in the Sacred Valley of the Inca
- Prepare for some high altitude to feast your eyes on Rainbow Mountain
"Machu Picchu rules 2019, four-hour time limit... What?" Yes, it's been a long time in coming and now it's here. To preserve one of the…
- Is that the Inca Creator God you see in the cliffs overlooking Ollantaytambo?
- The Thou Shalt Nots of Machu Picchu
Here's a 15-day vacation featuring (now get this...) the ancient Inca capital of Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, a small group trek around the snowcapped…
- Whale Watching on Peru’s tropical northern coast
- Budget Cusco – Machu Picchu Package for Winter 2018
Peru is chock full of landscapes that are stunning in their exoticness: bright blue mountain lagoons, well-kept thousand-year-old ruins, floating straw islands. But an important…
- Top 10 Things To Do in Miraflores
- Sandboarding in Huacachina: An Unforgettable Desert Adventure
The sisters, in their late 50s, perhaps early 60s, stand in line to enter Machu Picchu. Once inside the ruins, they make their emotionally charged…
- The Inca Sun of Suns Could be Returned to Cusco – by Donald Trump?
- Machu Picchu’s 10-year Anniversary as Seventh Wonder of the World
Perhaps you've seen this recent viral video of a Peruvian llama climbing adeptly into a taxi in Cusco. (more…)
- Do they celebrate Halloween in Peru?
- Wonder Woman’s magic bracelets re-imagined by real life heroine from Cusco
The Inca Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, the Paracas National Reserve, Manu National Park, and dozens of other protected biodiverse areas will prohibit the use of…
- Anti-bullfighting activists in Lima demand an end to the traditional blood sport
- Culture Ministry Warns Cable Car To Machu Picchu Is Not Viable
American Thanksgiving isn't celebrated widely in Peru, but the concept of feasts and celebrations akin to el Dia de Acción de Gracias has been prevalent in Peru since…
- A Recipe for Happiness: Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken
- Happy National Pisco Sour Day!
Inca expert Dr. Gary Ziegler shares some of his insights into the geo-cosmic architectural features of the spectacular mountaintop Royal Estate of Choquequirao. (more…)
- Hidden treasures in plain sight in Lima: Manuel Pariachi
- Podcast: Lima street photography, equipment and techniques
With its rich archaeological history, pristine beaches, towering mountains, dense jungles, and cosmopolitan cities, Peru has exciting offerings for every type of traveler. But before…
- 7 Airline Passenger Rights You Should Know About for Peru
- Sacred Warriors Comics on Sale at Cusco News Stands Now