Peru made it into the Top 10 destinations for 2016 of the "People's Choice" list published yesterday by the British travel book publisher Rough Guides.…
- Fertur Peru Travel Wishes You Happy Holidays!
The evidence continues to mount that ancient Peruvians who lived in and around present day Lima were serious dog lovers. Archaeologists announced that they had discovered the remains…
- Is Machu Picchu losing its allure with record numbers flocking to the site?
Sightseeing around Cusco could be a vehicle-free experience by 2025, according to a proposed plan unveiled yesterday by city officials. (more…)
- Moray: a lesser known Inca archaeological ruins on par with Machu Picchu and Sacsayhuaman
Before your Cusco tour, here's a quick quiz. Who said this? “Drunkenness, rage, and madness are similar, but the first two are voluntary and transformable, the…
- Famous 12 angle Inca stone topped but not overshadowed by 13 angle stone
Peru is no longer a dark, disconnected corner when it comes to Internet connectivity. Far from it. But as with everywhere else, with the convenience of widespread WiFi and…
- Manu Family Vacation and an Actor’s Tribute to Roger Corman
Peru's capital Lima was distinguished as the only city in Latin America to make it as one of the Top Ten gastronomic destinations to visit this year,…
- Peru Wins: South America’s Top Culinary & Cultural Destination
Inca expert Dr. Gary Ziegler shares some of his insights into the geo-cosmic architectural features of the spectacular mountaintop Royal Estate of Choquequirao. The conversation took place days after…
- Hidden treasures in plain sight in Lima: Manuel Pariachi
Religious processions are occurring throughout Peru during this Easter Week, all beautifully choreographed, with distinct details. Cusco's El Señor de los Temblores ("The Lord of the…
- What should I carry in my backpack to go to Machu Picchu?
This young spectacled bear was spooked earlier this week by the din of an army helicopter, possibly piloted by President Ollanta Humala himself. So he…
- Llama-supported treks coming soon to Peru’s Chaparrí Reserve