Fertur Peru Travel is a direct seller of tickets for the classic train route between Lima and Huancayo on the Ferrocarril Central Andino (Central Andean Railway). It’s a classic journey aboard the highest-altitude train in the Western Hemisphere. Don’t miss out on this incredible experience, offering magnificent panoramas and majestic Andean mountain ranges.
Central Andean Railroad 2020 Schedule!
Don’t just watch videos of this great trip on Youtube, experience the classic train journey from Lima to Huancayo!
This locomotive always sets out promptly at 07:00 a.m. Take this into account and get to the station at least half an hour before departure, with your tickets in hand.
Frequently asked questions about the tickets to Huancayo by train
- The trip lasts approximately 14 hours.
- It is important that you carry with you your full ticket in order to be permitted entry into the station.
- The passenger must arrive to the station 30 minutes before departure time of the Train. There are no refunds if you lose your ticket. Only passengers will be allowed access to the Lima and Huancayo Stations up to 10 minutes before the departure time of the train.
- There is no refund for the ticket. A ticket can only be transferred to another passenger or postponed for a future date of travel a single time, with notice of no less than 24 hours before the day and time of departure from Lima by communication to the company. Such a transfer or postponement requires a payment of a penalty of 20% of the value of the travel ticket.
- It is forbidden for passengers to get on or off moving trains, open car doors or put their physical integrity at risk during the trip. Passengers deemed in violation of this rule will be removed from the Train, without refund.
- Respect the seat number and car number corresponding to your ticket.
- The company reserves the right to reassign the seats in the Huancayo-Lima section of the same class, if necessary.
- In the case of minors traveling without their parents or guardians, the respective notarial permits must be displayed to board the train.
- No animals will be allowed in passenger cars. No exceptions.
- Vendors selling goods or services within the Train is prohibited.
- Passengers who appear to be intoxicated will not be allowed to board the train, nor will passengers who disturb others be tolerated.
- Passengers will only be able to carry within the Train small carry-on luggage or packages that does not exceed 20 kilograms. No luggage or personal items can be placed in the passageways for any reason. In the case of requiring 1 or 2 seats to accommodate luggage or personal items, you must pay the cost of these seats.
- Passengers who do not comply with the provisions of the service or do not respect the observations of authorized personnel will be removed from the Train .
- The passenger has the obligation to respect any other provisions indicated by the Company.
- Passengers under 5 years of age and over 60 years of age must present a Medical Certificate of good health in order to travel. In the event that passengers suffer from a pre-existing illness, the company will have no responsibility in this regard.
- Peruvian fare rates apply ONLY for Peruvian citizens who can present a valid DNI. Foreign legal residents must pay the same ticket price as foreign tourists.
Information about the Ferrocarril Central Andino S.A.